Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Jedi Mind Trick

I make cards.  I love to make cards.  It is so relaxing to craft.  My problem is that I am never on time to send those things out.  Especially to my brother.  We have a long standing joke about it.
So sad....   :-)
 This is a digi stamp from Stamp and Create's Pray for Luke line.  (If you haven't heard about this story please go to www.prayforluke.com.)  100% of proceeds go to Luke's family.  I bought the whole set - the Little Luke digi and the Dragon Collection by Dustin Pike.
This particular dragon is called Hero2 from the Dragon Collection.  To me he is, of course, a Jedi!  I printed him on watercolor paper, heated the image to set it and colored it with Twinkling H2Os.  Base: PTI Orange Zest.  Circle star DP: DCWV All Boy.  Orange DP:  Making Memories Just Chillin'.  Yellow matte: scraps.  Buttons: PTI New Leaf.  Twine: The Twinery Mandarin.
 The sentiment I typed up on Word and printed.  You can't tell but the lightsaber has glossy effects on it to make it stand out.  I also sewed over the orange DP which qualifies this card for Stamp and Create's August Challenge: Stitch it up.  I am also entering the challenge on Craft Your Passion: Anything Goes.
 The following card is almost the same layout and paper.  Each time I make a card, I have been making some extra ones for Operation Write Home.  I do not get to craft as much as I want but I have always wanted to make some cards for our brave men and women serving our country.

Gracias for hanging out with me!

4 comments:

  1. Great cards. I really like the stitching detail and the colour palette. The dragon is beautiflly painted. Fun sentiment, too. Thanks for sharing it with us at Craft Your Passion. I really enjoyed this post and project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This Dragon Jedi is really cute and lovely colored! Like the papers and the stitching.

    Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us at Craft Your Passion this week.
    Best of luck and we'd love to have you visit again!

    Mian
    Craft Your Passion
    August Guest Design Team Member
    http://mianspysselhorna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute, Yolanda! I love the stitching and buttons with the cute image!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super card.Great papers to go with the dragon and love the stitching detail.You've painted him so nicely too.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week :D
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I truly appreciate it!