Saturday, August 23, 2014

Wags 'n Whiskers Challenge: Back to School/For a Teacher

Hey there!  Another challenge at Wags 'n Whiskers is going on.  
It is "Back to School/For a Teacher". 

Make a card for a teacher or child or anyone going back to school.  I'm sure there are quite a bit of you out there that are sending yourselves or your kids back to school. Make them a card!  Or make the teacher a card. 

Or just be mean - like me - and remind them that summer is over!  
Muahahahaha (say it in the evil laugh way).  It sounds cooler. :-)

**Please read all of the rules at the top of the blog**
One lucky participant will win a free Wags 'n Whiskers Rubber stamp!
You don't have to use a Wags 'n Whiskers image on your card, but if you do, you will be entered into a 2nd drawing for a free Wags 'n Whiskers Digi.

Here is my card:
 This card has the sweet "Say a Prayer" stamp.  I have used this one very often.  Like I have said before, very versatile.  She is stamped and embossed onto watercolor paper and colored with Twinling H2Os.  

I also used an old sketch from My Favorite Things #MFTWSC182.  I like using sketches when my mojo needs inspiration.  I usually have colors picked out and even the papers.  Where I want it on the card is usually what takes me forever.  My Favorite Things have all their sketches on their blog.
 On her wings you can see that I've added stickles for that extra little sparkle.
 Other card details:
Base:  PTI Pure Poppy
DP: retired SU Summer Picnic
Cabochon: SU Vintage Flowers
Sentiment: I made it.  You can download it here.

I made two cards.  One for my friend's girls who are two blond cuties and the brunette one for my niece.  
Thanks for hanging out with me.

I am entering into these challenges:
Crafts Galore Challenges: Anything Goes
Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper: Anything Goes
Cute Card Thursday: Back to School
Delightful Challenges: School Daze
Inky Chicks: Fairies and/or angels
Love to Scrap: Anything Goes
Loves Rubberstamps: Wings (Angels, Fairies, etc)
Milk Coffee Challenges: Add Stripes

7 comments:

  1. I have this stamp myself, very pretty..Your card fits our challenge theme perfectly, thanks for joining Loves Rubberstamps,
    Hugs Blankina

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card, so cute too!
    Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge this week!
    Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet image. The sentiment made me smile. The card design is stunning. Thank you for joining us over at Loves Rubberstamps. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card you made! Good luck and thanks for joining us at Milk Coffee challenge :-))
    Hugs, Andreja

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGosh this is so super cute!!! Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry I´m a bit late with this comment. Your card is is so cute. Fun sentiment! I think a lot of kids and teachers pray for that, lol! Perfect!

    Thank you for joining us at Delightful Challenges
    Nick

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for joining my Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper August challenge with your super crafting - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I truly appreciate it!