Friday, February 21, 2014

Fairy Inspiration

Hey there my fellow crafters!
 It's time for another Wags 'n Whiskers Challenge!  I just have to say that I am very honored and blessed to be a part of such an amazing and talented group of crafters that are in the Wags 'n Whiskers Design Team.  They are so awesome!  Go check out their craft skills!
This challenge is the Photo Inspiration of the W&W logo.
Make sure you read the challenge rules that are posted at the
top of the Wags 'n Whiskers blog.  
One lucky participant will win a free Wags ‘n Whiskers Rubber Stamp!
You don’t have to use a Wags ‘n Whiskers image on your card, but if you do, you will be entered into a 2nd drawing for a free Wags ‘n Whiskers Digi!

Here is my card:
 This cute fairy is a digi called Iris.  You can also get her as a rubber stamp.  She looks so relaxed.  Wouldn't it be just awesome if you could summon a hummingbird?
I printed her onto watercolor paper and colored with Twinkling H2Os.  
Base: SU Very Vanilla
DP: DCWV Mariposa Stack
Matte: SU Baja Breeze
Metal: SU
Ribbon: My Stash
Jewel: Taylored Expressions

 Being on a Design Team you, of course, get to know a challenge weeks ahead of time so that you can prepare for a post.  I made this card a while ago, knowing that I could give it to anyone.  
I gave this card to my friend, Amy, today.  Her mom is not doing well.  My heart hurts for her.  We can pray for a miracle.  We can pray for God's will to be done.  I often tell people that Amy has a direct line to God.  She is such a strong, thoughtful, powerful Christian woman, mom and friend.  She makes me want to strive to be better.  I sometimes use her as a confessional or as a buffer before I make decisions.  She loves me with all my flaws.  She takes care of everyone around her.  When I say that this woman is loved - she is loved by all who meet her.  She is genuine.  And now she's hurting and all of us around her find ourselves at a loss for how to help her.  We have been making meals for her and her family.  That is definitely something we do.  Still... 
If you are the praying kind, pray.  Not just for her, or her family...pray for everyone you know who is hurting around you.  Pray for yourself if you are hurting.  Pray for the people that are happy.  We have to pray and thank God for our blessings too.  Pray for the people who have suffered loss and for the people who have a new blessing to call their own.  Pray for the family you love - and even the ones that drive you crazy.  Pray.
Gracias for taking the time to hang out with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I truly appreciate it!