Friday, May 16, 2014

Ribbon and Bling

May is a super crazy month for me.  I'm sure it's the same for lots of you out there...especially if you have kids or are a teacher.  May is when all the end of year events happen and you have so many blocks on your agenda letting you know that your evenings and even days are not longer yours.  The stream of events in school combined with end of year after school things.....aaahhh life! 
My friend wrote about taking time out for your life and personal things in the midst of your career/job.  In church, our Pastor talked about not being overwhelmed and overcoming anxiety (the second video in the series 5.4.14) - something I suffer from.  It was something that I SO needed to hear.  Especially when I sat down with my planner and started jotting down all the things on my list that I needed to do and all the end of the year awards and all the parties and all the end of the year events for my class.... UGH! My eyes began to bulge and the anxiety level began to rise.  I had to remember to say to myself: "Chill!  God's got this!"

So in that theme - I forgot to post my card for the Ribbon and Bling challenge at Wags 'n Whiskers, which has already come and gone... so I apologize for that sincerely!

Here is my card:
 I am using Let's Go Team which is embossed onto watercolor paper and colored with Twinkling H2O's.  She is super presh!
 Card Details: 
Base: PTI White
Gold paper: my stash
Ribbon: Joann's 
Black DP: MME Chalk Studio
I added some glitter to her pompoms and to her outfit and shoes.  The bling on the corner is from AC Moore.  
Thanks for coming by and checking her out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I truly appreciate it!