Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Graduation

The end of the year - so many events... Graduation being one of them. One of the young ladies from my church just graduated highschool...she is amazing. A brilliant, brilliant girl! She graduated Summa Cum Laude and is going to college on some fabulous scholarships. Anyway, I made this card for her. It will be complete with an Amazon Gift Card (she received a Kindle as her one of her Grad gifts.)
I used the sketch from CPS 172. I really liked this sketch. I am a very "clean and simple" card person. Don't get me wrong... I really love all the cards out in "Cardland" that are so creative and full of embellishments and eye candy... I admire all those artists out there whose blogs I stalk daily. ;-) For me though, I am simple in my card designs. I actually get scared when I add too much. LOL! Do any of you feel that way?

Card Details: Card base is SU Basic Black. The blue is SU Brilliant Blue. I ran it though my Cuttlebug with the PTI Linen & Canvas Impression Plate. The yellow is SU So Saffron I stamped with a Studio G diploma stamp I got for a dollar at Joann's. The mortar board is also a Studio G stamp. The arrow was cut from PTI Silver Cardstock and stamped with another Studio G stamp. (A collection of 3 different Studio G sets.)

Thanks for hanging out with me!

1 comment:

Thank you for leaving a comment! I truly appreciate it!