Friday, November 23, 2012

Thankful Banner

I'm not very good at decorating.  I can craft the living daylights out of a piece of paper - but as far as decorating my house - I am very limited in imagination and style.  I also do not like clutter.  I have a small house and I need it as "spacey" as I can or else I will feel claustrophobic. 
I have a fireplace which is very plain.  I would love to redo it one day.  I do love banners though.  I made this door sign and this banner in July that I found on Pinterest.  I wanted a fall one for this month.  I saw this banner on Pinterest, which is printable.  I also like this banner. 
Instead of printing one and having to cut it out, I thought I could design one with Sure Cuts Alot and cut it out with my Cricut.  I love the Sure Cuts Alot software.  Its a shame that Cricut went into all those legal issues with them.  I, and many others, bought the Cricut specifically because of that software. 
At any rate, here it is!
 The DP is some paper I got a long time ago.  The triangle shape and letters were cut and I mounted them on PTI Lemon Tart and Orange Zest.  I hung it with Mandarin Twine from The Twinery.
 Here is a close up.  They are shiny because I also laminated them so that it would last for a while.  I am going to put it away with all my fall decorations.  Next year I would like to embellish it a little more in between the letters.

 With the negative letters, I made another banner along another wall of mine.  I clipped them up with some clothes pins that I covered with fall paper and modge podged it for durability.  On the leaves, we wrote what we are thankful for on the back.  This is just the beginning of the amount of leaves.  I have clipped a few more since I took these pictures.


Yes - Thanksgiving was yesterday - but I will forever be grateful for all of God's blessing on my family and I!
Gracias for hanging out with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I truly appreciate it!