Monday, July 29, 2013

May Hope Sustain You

Some of the reasons that us papercrafters make cards, 3D objects, or scrapbook layouts is to bring a smile to face of the recipient, to give something personal, to feel calm (I find it calming to craft), as well as to get whatever sketch or idea out of my head.  :-)
One of those times that I don't particularly like is making Sympathy cards.  It makes me sad.  It means someone I love is hurting.  I still want to give a card.  I pray that the words in it touch their hearts.  It still makes me sad.
I made two cards in different colors but with the same layout.
 Card details:
Base - PTI White
Other paper - SU Basic Black; SU Pretty in Pink
Stamp: PTI With Sympathy stamped with Versamark and embossed with clear embossing powder.
Pink Lace: Dollar Tree
 The shape surrounding the words is a Shaplie from Penny Duncan Creations that was cut with my old Cricut.
 The next card is the same layout but with different colors.
Base: PTI Winter Wisteria
Ribbon: You can't tell from the picture but it is white.  I found it at a yard sale.


I am entering these cards in the following challenges:
The Crafter's Cafe - Anything Goes
AudSentiments - With Sympathy
Crafty Ribbons Challenge - Anything Goes with Ribbon
Gracias for hanging out with me!

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty card and I love the black image with clear embossing. Really nice card. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I truly appreciate it!