Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Bridal Shower Favors Part 3 - Minions from Despicable Me

Despicable Me 2 came out today!!!! It was a cute, cute, cute movie.  I laughed quite a bit.  The Minions were absolutely hysterical.  Normally, I do not go to the movies right when it comes out because I don't like the crowds.  It was my niece's birthday, though, and that is what she wanted to do on her birthday.  She was so excited and has been talking about the movie for a while.
So in honor of Despicable Me 2 - here is the next installment of bridal shower favors.  If you want to see Part 1 (Lilo and Stitch favors), click here.  If you want to see Part 2 (Winnie the Pooh favors), click here.

When we were in the Dollar Tree, I showed my friend, Amy, these boxes (which are located in the wedding section of the store):
 We were supposed to use them for the Lilo and Stitch favors until we saw the colorful take out boxes.  So Amy said, "It would be so cool if we could turn these boxes into Minions."  
I said, "I could do that!"  So I did!
 Here are my little Minions in all their glory!  I created the two different ones with double eyes and the single eye.  I created them on Sure Cuts Alot and cut them out with my Cricut (I now have a Silhouette).  I bought yellow paper from Joanns's.  The goggles are cut from silver cardstock from Papertrey Ink.
***Edited to add: I have added a cut file for the glasses here.***
***I have also created a generic tag here.***

 You can kind of see the the silver shining on the side views.

 We put Hershey's kisses in a silver bag tied with blue curling ribbon.
I designed the tag using a clipart and punched them out with a circle punch.
 The inside of the box was filled with silver basket stuffing, also from the Dollar Tree.


 It was fun creating these little guys.  It was more fun seeing the reactions of people when I showed it to them.  I was super pleased!
Gracias for hanging with me!

2 comments:

  1. super cute!! will be doing this! thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good idea! thank u for sharing....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I truly appreciate it!