Friday, July 25, 2014

Wags 'n Whiskers Challenge: Polka Dots

It's time for a new challenge at Wag 'n Whiskers!
Polka Dots!  So easy! Polka Dots.  I mean, who doesn't own paper with polka dots?  And if you don't - you can draw - or even better - stamp some of your own polka dots.  Big or little dots.  Any dots.
Ok - I'm done.  ;-)
Make sure you read the challenge rules that are posted at the
top of the Wags 'n Whiskers blog.  
One lucky participant will win a free Wags ‘nWhiskers Rubber Stamp!

You don’t have to use a Wags ‘n Whiskers image on your card, but if you do, you will be entered into a 2nd drawing for a free Wags ‘n Whiskers Digi!

Onto my cards:
To be honest, I started making these cards for the Fancy Folds challenge.  I had the entire concept in my head and I had already stamped and colored my image.  I just never finished the card because I went out of town.  The picture above is taken with the cards lying down so that you can see how it's supposed to look when it's closed.  The picture below is taken with the cards standing up.  On the outside you can see the little conversation bubbles.  Those were printed on SU Whisper White and then I cut them out.
The picture below you can see how it looks opened up.  
I used the stamp Hey Grandma.  So very cute!  
The next two pics shows a closer pic of the stamp:

I stamped him onto watercolor paper and colored with Twinkling H2Os.  I then carefully cut him out.  
Card details:
Base - SU Cherry Cobbler
DP - SU Polka Dot Parade
Jewels - SU
The "What's Up?" sentiment I made.  You can download it here.
Thanks for hanging out with me.
I am linking up to these sites:
Simply Create Too: For a Child
That Craft Place: Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Emboss it
Crafty Girls Challenge: Anything Goes

5 comments:

  1. FUN cards! The gate fold design is awesome!! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards, love the fun element to them and the image, thanks for joining us at crafty girls challenges, good luck
    Caroline dt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these cards thank you for joining the crafty girls challenge, good luck. alana DT member

    ReplyDelete
  4. These both are so cute! I love your tri fold cards, so perfect for any child. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Simply Create Too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love cards with a sense of humour! Fab card! Thanks for entering our challenge over at That Craft Place. Erin xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I truly appreciate it!