Sunday, August 3, 2014

My Favorite Kind of Glitter

Seriously...glitter.  It's gets everywhere.  If you have visited my blog before, you know my hate/love relationship with glitter.  It started when I began working at a preschool.  Those little ones get glitter in places you didn't even know they could get them...of course, the days we worked with glitter would be the days I always had some kind of errand to run right after work.  So I had glitter on my face, my eyelid, my shirt, my pants....
Try cleaning that mess up.  Hateful, hateful craft item...
But...I like the way it looks.  It adds a nice element to your project.  But...it's a hateful item.  
In comes that wonderful item - Stickles!  Stickles does not offend me at all.  I can add glitter and sparkle without the evil mess.  If only they made Stickles in huge bottles that are preschool friendly...
 This is a card I made for my mother in law to give to someone who had just had a baby girl.  The stamp I used is a Whimsy stamp called Angel Angie.  She is embossed onto water color paper and watercolored with Twinkling H2Os.  I added Stickles to her angel wings.  
Base and Matte: SU Blush Blossom
Cloud DP: SU Whisper White embossed with Darice Cloudy Sky
Ribbon: Dollar Tree 
Jewels on the string with the Star and Pearls: Queen & Co.
 On the picture below you can see the Stickles better on the wings/feather and the stars.  I also added a teeny amount of glaze on the ladybug. 
Challenges I'm linking up to:
Glitter and Sparkle Challenge: Add Glitter and Sparkle
V's Sweet Ideas: Anything Goes
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes
All Sorts Challenge: Favorite Things
Crafty Calendar Challenge: Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. This is the sweetest! Precious card. Love the sparkle and the beautiful bow. What an adorable image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card! Such a sweet image! Love the sparkle it has!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so sweet! Thanks for joining us at V's Sweet Ideas! Hope to see you again next month!
    Lias

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable card! Thank you for joining us over at V's sweet challenge

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I truly appreciate it!