Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Warrior Charlie

Still more teacher projects....

As I had said in my previous post, last year, my son's fourth grade teacher was amazing.  She taught them so much and she created a bond with the kids that is incredible.  That class was so close and still this year, my son stops by her class daily to chat with her.  I don't know what he is going to do at the end of this year when he will no longer be at his school.  In our county, elementary school only goes to fifth grade.  In the fall, he will be attending a new school. 

Anyway, Gabriel requested the following card specifically for her.  I had to order the stamp from my friend Lacey from her store Stamp and Create.  The good thing is that she lives close again, so after I placed my order I picked it up a couple days later.  :-)  He asked for a knight because he played one in their little Shakespearean play. 
This is Whiff of Joy's Warrior Charlie embossed on watercolor paper and colored with Twinkling H2Os.  He is sooooo cute.  I absolutely adore this stamp.  My son picked the colors as well.  The card base is SU Taken with Teal.  The DP is DCWV Taj Mahal.  I printed the sentiment on SU Very Vanilla.  and distressed it with Tim Holtz Distress Ink Tea Dye.  I also added some brown jute.
This card was inspired by another one I found on Splitcoast Stampers by suzannejdean
The next picture looks like I took it and the flash went off.  I was actually outside and the sun was shining on the paper.  The Taj Mahal stack has some really nice shiny paper. 
Below is what Gabriel wrote in the card.  It was so sweet I had to take a picture of it - sloppy handwriting and all.  :-) 
Gracias for hanging out with me!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Mrs. Yolanda- I came across your blog as I was reading a comment that you wrote on Lauren McKinsey's blog about her freebie Superdad candy bar wrapper. You said you were a kindergarten teacher, and could use the wrapper for your dads breakfast, I also teach kinder, and I was wondering if you would be willing to share your idea about the dad breakfast, and what all you do. We have a donuts for dad day, and I would like to also use the Superdad freebie. My email is pks0221@suddenlink.net if you wouldn't mind emailing me. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I truly appreciate it!