Monday, July 23, 2012

Fireflies

Did you ever catch fireflies when you were little?  Or even now - and you get to see your kids doing the same thing?  I did alot when I used to live up north many many many years ago.  I don't really get to see fireflies in Florida.  I saw ONE firefly when I went with my boys to a camp sight.  ONE.  It was actually funny because I couldn't believe that there was just ONE.
That's why I love this stamp.  It's so cute.  It is called Jenny's Glow Bug from High Hopes.  I made this for a friend for her birthday.  She is holding a jar of "glow bugs".  This qualifies for Stamp and Create's July Challenge: Hands full of Love - images with the character holding something.
Card Details - "Jenny" is stamped on watercolor paper and colored with Twinkling H2Os.  Card base:  SU Brilliant Blue.  DP: DCWV Flower Shower Spring stack (the clouds were cut from that stack and adhered to it).  Additional solid color:  SU Taken with Teal.  Ribbon: my stash.

I used foam tape for some dimension.

I don't know if you can tell but I added glaze to the jar to make it shiny like glass.  It looked pretty cool in person.
On the inside is the sentiment also from High Hopes and I added a little pocket for a gift card.
Gracias for hanging out with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I truly appreciate it!